Embarrassed because the Kenyan Birth Certificate she filed with a California Court has been exposed as a very poor fake, Birther Queen Orly Taitz (Zsa Zsa Gabor?) revealed herself in an interesting interview on MSNBC with David Schuster and Tamron Hall. Judge for yourself:
If that video is too slow or has too much traffic, try this one:
What was wrong with the birth certificate?
The most obvious problems:
- It records Barack Obama Sr's age as "26." Obama Sr was born in 1936; his son was born in 1961.
- Its publication date is February 17, 1964, but it purports be a document of the "Republic of Kenya." Kenya did not become a Republic until December 12, 1964, a year after it won independence from Great Britain.
- It's signed by "registrar E.F. Lavender." Earth Friendly Lavender is a kind of detergent, and government officials who use vanity initials on official documents are, to put it mildly, rare.
- The kicker? The image is part of the extremely ill-informed conspiracy theory that Obama was born in Mombasa--conveniently, one of the more Muslim parts of the country.
This has always been a red flag for conspiracy theorists, so it deserves some explanation. Barack Obama Sr. was born and educated in Nyanza Province, in southwestern Kenya, on Lake Victoria. This is the area where Obama's family lived and continues to live; Sarah Obama, the step-grandmother of the president, lives in Nyang'oma Kogelo, a small town in the province. But Mombasa is a city on the Indian Ocean, a thousand miles to the east. It didn't even have an international airport until 1979. And the city wasn't even part of Kenya when the future president was born. Mombasa was a part of Zanzibar until December 12, 1963, when it became part of the newly independent Kenya.
The new forgery? Why, it claims that the president was born in Coast General Hospital in Mombasa.
- As some FreeRepublic posters have pointed out, the document contains a number that's either a humorous coincidence or a wink by the forger. It's number 47,044. Barack Obama, 47 years old, is the 44th president of the United States.
It's not quite as obvious as the forgery that Philip Berg fell for when he submitted a birth certificate in his first lawsuit that was signed by Dudley Do-Right, but it's still amusing.
source: click here
Copyright @ 1998-2009
All Rights Reserved
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.