Custom Search

Thoughts on Voting

"The people who cast the votes don't decide an election; the people who COUNT the votes do." -- Joseph Stalin

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Great Orange Juice Scam

I love orange juice. I've been drinking it daily most of my life. But is it "fresh" and "pure"? I hope so because I drink "Simply Orange".

One of the great scams of the industrial food cartel is the so-called "fresh" orange juice sold in supermarkets. This one particularly galls me because for years when I was dirt poor and had very few food choices, I thought I was doing a healthy thing by buying "fresh" orange juice.

Alissa Hamiliton has written a new book on the subject called "Squeezed: What You Don't Know About Orange Juice."

Some reality checks:

1. There is more Vitamin C in a single orange than in a full glass of industrial orange juice

2. Truly fresh orange juice only last a few days. It if last for weeks (or months), it's an industrial product.

3. Until the Florida orange growers launched a campaign in the early 20th century to deal with their surplus crop, the only people who drank orange juice were Floridians who had a tree in their backyard. There is nothing particularly healthy or natural about drinking orange juice - and the industrial product is a total waste of money.





Copyright @ 1998-2009
All Rights Reserved







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comments on the topic at hand. No advertising or profanity please. Thanks for participating.

Click to Report Broken Links or Non-Working Videos

Powered By Blogger