ORGANIZED AND PAID FOR BY THE REPUBLICAN PARTY
The Party of No has NO plans for healthcare reform. Their ONLY plan is to prevent the American public from hearing the truth about the need for healthcare reform and the plans for doing so.
There's been a lot of media coverage about organized mobs intimidating lawmakers, disrupting town halls, and silencing real discussion about the need for real health insurance reform.
The truth is, it's a sham. These "grassroots protests" are being organized and largely paid for by Washington special interests and insurance companies who are desperate to block reform. They're trying to use lies and fear to break the President and his agenda for change.
Health insurance reform is about our lives, our jobs, and our families -- we can't let distortions and intimidation get in the way. We need to expose these outrageous tactics, and we're counting on you to help. Can you read these "5 facts about the anti-reform mobs," then pass them along to your friends and family?
In this video, Rachel Maddow does a detailed analysis of the website www.recessrally.com. Maddow exposes the prominent sponsors of the Recess Rally and demonstrates just how much the organization is a result of Republican operatives and elitists as opposed to your "average Joe middle class American."
As Maddow points out, some of the listed supporters of Recess Rally include Michelle Malkin a noted conservative Fox News commentator, a former speech writer for George Bush, a regional field director Bush-Cheney 04, a former Washington D.C. lobbyist, the former Director of the Illinois Republican party, the funder of the swift boat ads attacking John Kerry, and finally the owner of the largest privately-held oil company in America. These are the "middle class Americans" bringing you the "grassroots" protests.Here is the TRUTH about the organizing and funding of these "grass roots" protests:
1. These disruptions are being funded and organized by out-of-district special-interest groups and insurance companies who fear that health insurance reform could help Americans, but hurt their bottom line. A group run by the same folks who made the "Swiftboat" ads against John Kerry is compiling a list of congressional events in August to disrupt. An insurance company coalition has stationed employees in 30 states to track where local lawmakers hold town-hall meetings.
2. People are scared because they are being fed frightening lies. These crowds are being riled up by anti-reform lies being spread by industry front groups that invent smears to tarnish the President's plan and scare voters. But as the President has repeatedly said, health insurance reform will create more health care choices for the American people, not reduce them. If you like your insurance or your doctor, you can keep them, and there is no "government takeover" in any part of any plan supported by the President or Congress.
3. Their actions are getting more extreme. Texas protesters brought signs displaying a tombstone for Rep. Lloyd Doggett and using the "SS" symbol to compare President Obama's policies to Nazism. Maryland Rep. Frank Kratovil was hanged in effigy outside his district office. Rep. Tim Bishop of New York had to be escorted to his car by police after an angry few disrupted his town hall meeting -- and more examples like this come in every day. And they have gone beyond just trying to derail the President's health insurance reform plans, they are trying to "break" the President himself and ruin his Presidency.
4. Their goal is to disrupt and shut down legitimate conversation. Protesters have routinely shouted down representatives trying to engage in constructive dialogue with voters, and done everything they can to intimidate and silence regular people who just want more information. One attack group has even published a manual instructing protesters to "stand up and shout" and try to "rattle" lawmakers to prevent them from talking peacefully with their constituents.
5. Republican leadership is irresponsibly cheering on the thuggish crowds. Republican House Minority Leader John Boehner issued a statement applauding and promoting a video of the disruptions and looking forward to "a long, hot August for Democrats in Congress."
This is NOT the American way. It is the Republican Party resorting to its old tricks or shall we say DIRTY TRICKS. This party has lied its way to the top for decades. It cares only about corporate wealth and power and has displayed disdain and outright dislike for America. The party of greed and corruption has taken its disgusting behavior to new depths.
It is time for the Democrats to say: ENOUGH. Forget bipartisanship and pass a SINGLE PAYER UNIVERSAL HEALTH PLAN -- NOW!
Copyright @ 1998-2009
All Rights Reserved
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.