Thoughts on Voting
"The people who cast the votes don't decide an election; the people who COUNT the votes do." -- Joseph Stalin
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Obama Healthcare Plan - Complete Details
The biggest subject I hear the Clinton followers focusing on is healthcare. They seem to think that garnishing your wages for mandated healthcare is the way to go. So, to contribute to the cause, I created a website for America that includes all the details of his plan, plus a bunch of other goodies. Enjoy and pass it around.
* Obama's Plan to Cover Uninsured Americans: Obama will make available a new national health plan to all Americans, including the self-employed and small businesses, to buy affordable health coverage that is similar to the plan available to members of Congress. The Obama plan will have the following features:
1. Guaranteed eligibility. No American will be turned away from any insurance plan because of illness or pre-existing conditions.
2. Comprehensive benefits. The benefit package will be similar to that offered through Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP), the plan members of Congress have. The plan will cover all essential medical services, including preventive, maternity and mental health care.
3. Affordable premiums, co-pays and deductibles.
4. Subsidies. Individuals and families who do not qualify for Medicaid or SCHIP but still need financial assistance will receive an income-related federal subsidy to buy into the new public plan or purchase a private health care plan.
5. Simplified paperwork and reined in health costs.
6. Easy enrollment. The new public plan will be simple to enroll in and provide ready access to coverage.
7. Portability and choice. Participants in the new public plan and the National Health Insurance Exchange (see below) will be able to move from job to job without changing or jeopardizing their health care coverage.
8. Quality and efficiency. Participating insurance companies in the new public program will be required to report data to ensure that standards for quality, health information technology and administration are being met.
For the complete healthcare plan, click here:
Posted by WIZolman at 7:48 AM